Here are some ways that you can reduce what your business spends on energy:
Switch to a better business energy deal
Ultimately, the best way to reduce the amount that your business is spending on energy is to switch large business energy plans regularly. A large business energy broker such as Uswitch for Business can help when it’s time to compare energy offers and advise you on the deal that best suits your company’s needs.
Improve your business energy efficiency
Another way to lower your energy bills is to make some changes around your business’s premises:
- Lighting – Maximise the use of natural lighting, install dimmer switches and motion sensors, and replace standard lighting with energy efficient alternatives.
- Heating and cooling – Taking measures to control the temperature in your business premises is another way to help reduce how much you’re spending on energy. Try installing draft excluders and overhead door closers to help maintain the temperature within frequently inhabited areas.
- Refrigeration – If your business operations rely on refrigeration, you’ll need to conduct regular maintenance to avoid wasting energy. This includes checking refrigerator seals and temperature settings and regularly defrosting your freezers.
- Technology – When it comes to energy efficiency, technology has come on leaps and bounds in recent years. Updating your appliances to more modern, energy efficient models will require some upfront investment, but in the long run your business will benefit financially.
How does the Climate Change Levy affect your business energy bills?
The Climate Change-Levy (CCL) is a charge introduced by the government for all businesses who consume over 33000 kWh worth of energy per day. If you would like to reduce the amount that you pay in CCL, then you can sign up for a government Climate Change Agreement (CCA) which can bring down your payments by up to 90%. The CCA is a government agreement that outlines:
- The ways that you’ll reduce the amount of energy that your business uses
- The methods that you intend to use to make your business more energy efficient
Another option is to power as much of your business as possible from renewable sources as these are exempt from the CCL charge.
For more information on how you can save on your business’s overheads, contact Uswitch for Business on #CAMPAIGNBUSINESSSERVICENUMBER#. Our savings experts can help gather and compare large business energy quotes quickly from a wide variety of suppliers. We can then advise you on which tariff and meter best meet the needs of your business.
To switch your business energy today call #CAMPAIGNBUSINESSSERVICENUMBER#
Prefer us to call you?Call me back